Veghead's Security/Hack Resources
An ever expanding list of resources to use when attempting to keep the script kiddies out. Order you say ? What's order ?
- @stake formerly the l0pht. You should already know about. Dr Mudge and his colleagues are there for all your in-depth technical security problems.
- 2600 are the grandfathers of phreak.
- Hacker News Network - sup on the scene - now part of @stake.
- Fyodor has an extensive list of exploits and security bulletins. Also the home of nmap.
- shellcode.com.ar - hardcore shellcode h4x0rz
- hack.co.za - good site when it's up - run by the secret service of course...
- Packet Storm Security - h4x code
- Packetstorm's zine collection - all the zine you need - including ~el8/lod/f41th etc
- Arny has a refreshingly bullshit-free page of UNIX/security related philes and info including some essential reading for newbies. If only most script kids would read and digest the stuff on this site, the world would be a better place.
- OpenSSL/SSLeay - A superb implmentation of SSL, together with a mindblowing set of tools for manipluating certificates. There seems to be a glut of good software coming out of .au recently, and their film industry is the dogs bollocks (ie very good)...so why are their soaps so shit ?
- CERT - uknow.
- astalavista.box.sk - nice security related search engine.
- Google - Do not underestimate the power of Google. If you dont find what you're looking for, you're using it wrong.
- Phrack - Still going!
- +fravia - Read everything on this site. He's the main man.
- THC - The Hackers Choice. Tools/Articles.
- zone-h - who's 0wning who.
- securityfocus - Home of Bugtraq.
- w00w00 - Do the w00.
- eEye Digital Security - Creators of some very popular win32 exploits.
- Wiretapped's texts collection - Loads of good collections.
- TESO - Papers, research etc.
- qb0x - research, sploits etc
- chkrootkit - Apart from their package, there are a load of execellent links including this one, which you should read.
<< Back to Veghead